Join us for an eye-opening and transformative event, Agentic and EmpowerED Oakland 2023, specifically designed for parents and families in West Oakland. Our mission is to bring awareness to crucial data that may not be readily available or discussed regarding Oakland’s education system, focusing on the challenges faced by our Black and Brown scholars.
In this pivotal gathering, we aim to empower parents and scholars to take immediate action and embrace their agency in order to create meaningful change within our education system. We can no longer afford to wait for the system to change; instead, we must stand together and actively work towards a brighter future for our children.
At Agentic and EmpowerED Oakland 2023, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from a panel of influential speakers who will ignite your passion for educational justice and provide you with the tools and knowledge to take action. Bring a notepad and a pen, as you won’t want to miss any of the valuable insights shared by these experts.
In addition to these inspiring presentations, we’ll be serving delicious food for all attendees to enjoy. Connect with like-minded individuals who are also fighting for quality education, and together, let’s create a powerful movement to uplift our Black and Brown scholars in West Oakland.
Don’t miss out on this empowering event! Mark your calendars for June 1st at Kipp Bridge Academy from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The time for change is now, and it starts with us. Together, we can redefine the future of education in Oakland.
What it means to “Be Agentic”
Being agentic means taking charge of one’s own life, embracing personal power, and actively seeking to make a difference in the world. It involves stepping up and pursuing change, rather than waiting for it to be handed to us. Instead of begging for change, an agentic individual recognizes their inherent capabilities and potential, using these strengths to create transformative impact in their own lives and communities. By harnessing our agency, we can collectively drive meaningful progress and work towards creating results to thrive both as a community and as individuals.
No Dress Code. No excuses. Come as you are.
Agentic and EmpowerED Oakland 2023 can support Action in various ways, including informing 8th-grade scholars about A-G requirements, and activating parent engagement. Here’s how the event can address these goals:
1. Inform 8th-Grade Scholars about A-G Requirements:
- Include a dedicated segment during the panel discussion or as a separate workshop focusing on A-G requirements, emphasizing their importance for high school success and college readiness.
- Invite knowledgeable speakers, such as school counselors or college advisors, to explain the A-G requirements in detail and share strategies for successfully fulfilling them.
- Distribute informative materials about A-G requirements and have resources available for parents and students to take home for further reference.
2. Activate Parent Engagement:
- Encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s education by providing them with information, tools, and resources to advocate for their child and navigate the educational system.
- Share success stories and testimonials from engaged parents who have made a difference in their child’s academic journey, highlighting the impact of their involvement.
- Organize breakout sessions or workshops that teach parents how to communicate effectively with school staff, participate in school meetings, and support their child’s academic success.
- Create opportunities for parents to connect and form support networks, enabling them to share experiences, learn from one another, and work collectively to improve educational outcomes for all scholars at Kipp Bridge Academy.